What I Love Most About Drake July 2014

I adore this little daily ritual or habit we have... Every morning (when you get up before me) you wake up, crawl into bed with me and snuggle till I get up. Then you kiss my head and tell me you love me and scamper off to play your games. We are getting back in the habit of reading at bedtime right after prayer. We read our daily bible study, talk about it and then pray. Afterwards we pick a book out that you can read most of on your own and I just help you along. When we don't do this we normally watch a bible story on Netflix till you fall asleep.

Scripture Verse... Proverbs 12:10
"The righteous care for the needs of their animals, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel."




Favorite Photos...

 
Favorite Things We Did... his month we spent alot of time at baseball games watching the Rangers loose. :( You go to run the bases again, which was the highlight of a few games for us both I think.We also went to Lowe's Build and Grow this month and you made a pencil holder that you painted red and green. Later you gave it to me so I can put the bills in it since my bill holder broker. You are a very sweet little boy. With Generation Outdoors you went and watched the Frisco Rough Riders game. You said you had a blast. Got a baseball, a ball cap and ate lots of great food. Best of all the team you were routing for actually won! This month you also did VBS at Shiloh Baptist Church. The theme was spies and from what I hear from you it was a great time. You ended the month going to Kristian's 12th birthday party, where you got to play soccer, eat cake and ice cream and wrestle around with your cousins.





I adore this little daily ritual or habit we have...Before each ballgame you help me pack up snacks or go shopping for snacks that we like to eat. You help me get the van ready if we are bringing anyone else with us to the games and we almost always sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame on the way out before we pick anybody else up.

One of your most irresistible physical features is... Your cute little scar you have a couple inches above your eye from slamming into the door and needing stitches. It is quickly making its way up toward your forehead though and I think one day it will be in your hairline and we wont even see it.What is so cute is that you will see me looking at it, ask me what happened (even though you know) and then tell me how sometimes it still hurts you and I need to kiss it. I am going to miss things like this as you get older.

I missed you when....You went off on your own to a ballgame for the first time with your mentor. Even though I had plans, I felt so weird not having you around for 6 hours. I am so use to you being with me that when you are gone for more than an hour or two I really miss you.


5 Words/Phrases that come to mind when I think about you: Quirky, stubborn, emotional, silly, kind. You are a unique duck and like to have things done your way or you wig out. You have your own little quirks and do not like for anyone to point them out, even if we are complimenting you. You are very stubborn (much like your dad and me both). You insist on doing things your own way and learning most lessons the hard way, which really breaks my heart. You are very emotional-weather it be from showing love, anger, sadness, joy, insecurity-you wear it all for the world to see.

Some of our favorite songs we both love...
Sam Smith-Stay with me
John Legend - All of Me
Unspoken-Start a Fire

Magic-Rude
One Republic-Love Runs Out
Pit Bull-Timber
One Republic-Counting Stars
DJ Snake-Turn Down for What
New Boys-We Believe

Special Occasions... This month you mowed the whole front and back yard all by yourself for the very first time. You saw me out about to start and asked if you could learn and do it on your own, so I taught you and let you go. You did a really great job.

Comments