What I Love About Drake June 2014

I adore this little daily ritual or habit we have... 
As soon as I walk into the door you want to make sure you get your mommy alone time. You need about 30 minutes of completely 100% uninterrupted time with me or it sets the rest of your day off bad. In the summer this is pretty easy since your the only one around during the week, but its challenging during the rest of the year.  You normally want to play games, wrestle, talk about your day or what we are doing later on, basically it just comes down to you wanting time alone to bond after we have been a part all day and for me to show you I have time set aside for you. When I skip it we go into tears of how I don't love you  and etc.


Scripture Verse... Philippians 4:8 " Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things".

Favorite Photo...





You made me giggle when... You told Larka (our cat) " Larka, you better let mom have her privacy or she will strangle you like a pig."  I was taking a bath and the cat kept trying to come in to sit on the toilet. Since you are not allowed in when I bathe, you did not think it was right for Larka either. 

One of your most irresistible physical features is...
your smile. You have a great, infectious smile that I cannot help but love. It lights up the room. you can tell when you are lying, cranky, over joyed or being sneaky all from the smile you are wearing on that adorable little constantly dirty face.

I missed you when....
You went off to play paintball this month with the big kids and was 100% ok that I was not going. You told me you are 7 and can do things on your own now without me. Made me proud and broke my heart at the same time so see you growing up so young. You did tell me you had alot of fun and only came back with one mark on your left side. I thought I would find more, but I was told you were too fast for anyone to hit you and you were one of the last to get out in all three games that you played! Pretty awesome.


5 Words/Phrases that come to mind when I think about you:  prayerful, goofy, sensitive, caring, and gentleman. You are learning to give all to God through prayer. From the simple things in life to more complicated matters. Great example is last night you prayed for those who felt unloved to know love through God then on the way to daycare you prayed to God that he would turn all the lights green so you could be there first to get a computer. Oddly enough we only hit one red light out of close to 20. So I guess God is listening to you. You are goofy and caring because you love to make people laugh and smile. You try hard to help those that are feeling sad or sick by making them laugh. You are also goofy when you do all these insane dances others are teaching you. You are learning to be a gentleman by holding and opening doors for me and your sister and others when we are out. You offer to carry the "heavy" things for us, even if you need help with it as well.


Some of our favorite songs we both love...

Turn Down For What- DJ Snake & Lil Jon- they play this at the baseball games all the time. 

All of Me-John Legend

Not a Bad Thing- Justin Timberlake

I Wanna Get Better- Bleachers

I Got a Car- George Strait

Yeah- Joe Nochols

My Eyes-Blake Shelton 


Special Occasions...This month we made several trips to Six Flags. Some days we did nothing but the shows, some just the water rides and on others a little taste of everything Six Flags has to offer. You rode the Acme Rocket this month. This is a scary ride, even by my standards. It goes all the way in a complete circle, upside down, backwards and forwards. I do not even ride this ride and you went on it all by yourself! You also got to hang out with me at the Vans Warped Tour for a little while when we went to pick up Mason and Delaney. You loved all the events going on. We talked about going vegan, you participated in an anti-smoker campaign and got to listen some really cool bands while we were there. My absolute favorite thing was on June 8th you asked me how you get Christ into your heart. I explained the Holy Spirit and that when you ask god with a prayer from a true heart He comes into your life at that moment. So you prayed" God come into my heart so you will know I love you and I will be good always for you. I wont steal no more because you will help me and I wont get in as much trouble too. In Jesus Christ name Amen!" I was overjoyed for you to be a part of this very special prayer between you and God and to know that your heart belongs to Christ. At the end of the month we went swimming. You had been waiting all summer to go and I finally broke down and bought you.

Comments