Stop the Mommy Wars. Knock It Off!!

knockitoff
Spread the word!

Share this update on Facebook:
I just pledged to be the best mom I can be … and to help other moms do the same!
www.KnockItOffMoms.com

 
I have done it as long as I can remember.

Honestly, I did it even before I was a mom.

I compared myself to others.  I either came out better than or less than.  I used that as my measuring stick for way too long.

It didn’t serve me well at all.  It made me insecure and judgmental and that’s not good for my friendships or my family.

 If I had to go back and give my younger self wisdom, I would say, “KNOCK IT OFF!

Stop comparing. Stop judging. Stop measuring. Stop trying to come out on top.

Start accepting. Start being authentic. Start letting God define you instead of the world.

The No More Perfect Moms book is a call to love our real life.  When we’re able to love ourselves and our real life, it sets a foundation for loving others.

I’ve signed the Knock It Off commitment. Will you? 

While you’re thinking about the subject, hop around to a few more mom blogs who are talking about this same topic today.  You’ll find other moms who are willing to Knock It Off here:

I realize how often I judge myself.
I realize how often I judge others.

Because of these realizations, I commit to:

  • Giving myself grace when I make mistakes.
  • Extending grace to other moms when they make mistakes.
  • Offering other moms the benefit of the doubt instead of jumping to judgmental conclusions.
  • Recognizing that I cannot be and will never be a perfect mom.
  • Refusing the temptation to judge when other moms make different choices than I make.
  • Embracing differences instead of criticizing them.
  • Resisting the urge to compare my insides to other women’s outsides.
  • Making strides in honesty with other moms and living an authentic life.
  • Doing my part to stop the mommy wars, one “Knock It Off” decision at a time.

Comments