My Worst Nightmare-Reach Out by Prayer

Reach Out by Prayer

For God is my witness ... that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers, making request if, by some means, now at last I may find a way in the will of God to come to you. 
Romans 1:9-10

I had one of the scariest moments of my life yesterday. I had taken my 6 year old son to a birthday party and my daughter who is close to 14 asked if she could stay home because she still had school work to do and housework to finish. Naturally I oblige my responsible daughter and tell her she can stay. She knows the house rules: no friends over, dont answer the door to anyone but family-not even friends, no posting on social media that you are home alone etc. I have never had one problem with her not being where she said she would be or with whom she said she was with. Shes always proven to be very responsible and trustworthy in this area.

Two hours later I come home. Front door locked, back door wide open,  of our large boxers gone, TV on, computer on-mid face book conversations with friends and no daughter anywhere to be found. So I look in all the rooms, back yard, double check the front  (yard hey maybe I missed her sitting on the porch swing), I've done that before. Still no daughter. So I go and ask her best friends, but no one has seen her or heard from her.

Right now full fledged panic is setting in.

No one has seen or heard from my daughter for over an hour.

I call my mom, my youngest brother, her dad, I talk to neighbors, get on her facebook, check her phone-Nothing!So I call the cops. Her friends start posting missing information on their facebook and hers,they start calling her friends I don't have number for, my neighbors are searching the areas ad asking their friends if they have seen her or anyone at my house, the cops are going through her room and asking me tons of questions. This is my worst nightmare. I have these mental images of all the things my baby girl could be going through: rape, beating, murder, fear, tears and I am no where to help her. I start wondering how far someone could have driven by now, could they have caught a plane, is she close by held up in someones house. I have this urgency to start literally kicking in doors of every sexual predator within a miles of my home armed and ready to take my daughter back by force. I am shaking in fear and begging God to keep her safe and return her home. I am a complete mess.

After 3 1/2 hours of searching, filling out a missing persons report, and pure dread and pleading to God, my little girl and her Uncle walk through my front door wondering what all the chaos is about. Seems my older brother showed up and decided to take her to a hockey game, each one thinking the other left a note and no one with a phone to call. I was lucky, she was lucky. My daughter was home safe and my prayers where answered.

 I laid there that night thinking of all those children who never come home. All the parents living in a a state of uncertainty, not knowing if or when they may see their child again.All the images that must go through their heads of the horror their child may be living out daily and I am incredibly thankful that I have God and the power of prayer. Let us as The Body of Jesus Christ, The Church, lift up prayer for these families.
It seems evil does not relent from happening. But we must never stop praying. Our Lord wanted us to pray without fainting or ceasing.

“Father, protect all the missing children from the adversary, our enemy who perpetrates such evil. I lift up these children up to you, to hide him in the cleft of The Rock, to be their Refuge. Be a Light around them, dear Lord Jesus, be there Rock, there Place of Safety, there Hightower, and Deliverer. Dear Father, please soften the heart's of those who have taken these children to release them. Let them be heartbroken when they sees the tears in these children’s eyes. Let them be unable to carry out their vile acts Lord. Let their hearts break for their captures as Yours breaks. You are our Protector, our Deliverer, our Rock, our Refuge, our Champion, our Protector, our Fortress, our Savior. Lord we pray all this in Your Sons name.”

Amen

God is our Refuge and Strength,
A very present help in trouble,
Therefore we will not fear,
Event though the earth be removed,
And though the mountains be carried into
the midst of the sea;
Thought its waters roar and be troubled,
Though the mountains shake with its
swelling.
There is a river whose streams shall make
glad the city of God,
The Holy Place of the tabernacle of the
Most High.
God is in the midst of her, she shall not
be moved;
God shall help her, just at the break of
dawn.
The nations raged, the kindgoms were
moved;
He uttered His voice, the earth melted.
“The Lord of Hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our Refuge.”
“The Lord of Hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our Refuge.”
(Psalm 46:1-7)







Comments