What I Love Most About Delaney-July


Favorite Quote: " What are you trying to kill me?" This was in regards to some rides at Six Flags we wanted you to go on, or more accurately that Sarah wanted you to go on with her. You do not do roller coasters.

What has impressed me most about you this month: This month is a little hard to do since I am around you so little. I guess I would have to say how you make your little brother smile. You were very nice to him on the few occasions we saw you which meant the world to him. He misses you very much when you are gone and when you get home he wants nothing more than your time and approval. So the fact that you gave that to him, which is becoming rare, really impressed me.

Favorite Photo:

Scripture Verse:  The scripture verse I chose for you this month deals directly with what you are going through and how you are feeling. You want so much to be loved by everyone that you dislike saying things and speaking for the truth because you know someones feelings will be hurt,or they will abandon you. Though that will be painful and sadly you will loose people in this life that you love a lot due to sin, I want you to remember this truth and hold onto it in your times of pain:

John 15:18-25 "18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates Me hates My Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father. 25 But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’[a]"  
Where I hope to see you grow: I feel you are trying to grow away from God in some very important areas of your life. You do not like what the Bible says about them or how you are suppose to respond and you are getting increasingly more hostile to the word of God. Alot of this revolves around making wise decisions when it comes to what you listen to , watch and what comes out of your mouth. You also are struggling with scripture and homosexuality. You have friends that are gay/bi and know people you are friends with that have relatives that are gay/bi and it makes you incredibly angry when they ask me about this topic and I simply refer back to God and His word and that I do not condone nor accept it. I love your friends, some of them I have known since they were in Kinder, but the lifestyle choice I do not accept or approve of and it makes you very angry. I know these are hard times for you as you struggle with who you are in Christ and how that will set you apart from the world I cna only hope that I gently guide you down the correct path and teach you to dig into the word of God for your answers and not just peoples opinion on topics that hit very close to your heart.

Favorite thing we are doing this month:
Well since this is the month you are always gone the list here comes up short sometimes.

1. Roller Skating: Although I don't like the stinky dances they do (raunchy), I do like watching you skate around, smiling and enjoying life. You look so care free and relaxed it just nice to see you that way. Your not trying to impress anyone or be anything other than who you are. Your just there having fun, singing along to the songs and sadly dancing to some of them as well. Although I still think you do this to annoy me more than anything.

2. Six Flags: Once again we celebrated your cousins birthday at Six Flags. I think we are starting a tradition here, 3 years in a row now. I love getting to take you here, even though you like to ride the swings. ;) We do the water rides, the small coasters, some games, and just talk and walk around people watching and being silly. Its nice to just talk and see you in your element, bonding with family. I think this is the one place we go that no one fights and you all compromise and get along! Maybe we should move in?

3.Bone Marrow Drive: We went to support the American Heritage Girls and Drake went to support the Boys Scouts for a little boy in Drake's troop whose brother has Leukemia. We volunteered for about 3 hours and tried to gain support to help raise funds for medical expenses and also to help find a donor for William. We spent a lot of time on the street waiving signs around and inside we bid on the raffles and you actually won. Of course, you bid on the cupcakes and one 2 dozen, one you took with you and you got a coupon for the other 12. You were elated, me not so much. I think it was good for you to be able to put a face to this disease for it to really hit home with you.

Comments