What I lLove Most About Delaney-June



Favorite Quote: " I don't like to listen to that crap music you listen too." This always amazes me mainly because the "crap" music you are referring to is christian themed music. Whats funny about that is how many "christian" bands you like that you try so hard not to. It has reached the point that before you say if you like a song or not you check to see what radio station I am listening too and without a doubt if its not a secular station you will dislike the song. I think you do it to annoy me because I push so hard against secular music. In the end I know the truth so I try not to let it bother me so much, especially when I see you singing along or listening to it in your room. hehe I win!!!! Victory is MINE!! Just joking, had to do it, could not resist. I use to hate country music growing up because me mom loved it and that was all she listened too, but guess what I still remember the songs and sing along now. they stick even if you don't want them too.
What has impressed me most about you this month: You have shown great restraint when it comes to putting down your little brother. You are being more gentle with him and learning to listen and not interrupt him and it makes him feel very proud and special. he loves you and models his life after his favorite big sister. You are impressing so many things upon him that you don't realize and I am glad you are learning to cope better with him and love him more. It is a work in progress but I can tell you are putting forth great effort.
Favorite Photo: You very proudly driving the ATV's at grandpa's.
Scripture Verse: (oh yea this month you get 4 verses)
Ecclesiastes 7:5 “It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools.”

Proverbs 8:33 “Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.”
Proverbs 1:5 “A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:”
2 Timothy 4:3-4 “For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Song for you: (yep this one is a first)

O be careful little eyes what you see
O be careful little eyes what you see
There's a Father up above
And He's looking down in love
So, be careful little eyes what you see

O be careful little ears what you hear
O be careful little ears what you hear
There's a Father up above
And He's looking down in love
So, be careful little ears what you hear

O be careful little hands what you do
O be careful little hands what you do
There's a Father up above
And He's looking down in love
So, be careful little hands what you do

O be careful little feet where you go
O be careful little feet where you go
There's a Father up above
And He's looking down in love
So, be careful little feet where you go

O be careful little mouth what you say
O be careful little mouth what you say
There's a Father up above
And He's looking down in love
So, be careful little mouth what you say

Where I hope to see you grow: You are at the age were you are going to have to make your faith your own and not your parents faith for your relationship with Christ to move forward. I pray for you that you will see the damage that is caused by outside secular things when you are not grounded daily in our bible and your relationship with Christ. You are trying hard to stand on your own and be an individual unique from everyone else in your family and in the process you are squelching some aspects of your faith and you are still too young and impressionable to see how it is damaging your character. I keep telling you what you put into your ears will take root and start to live in your heart and come out in your speech and daily living, but honestly you think I am full of it and you wont do that or say that because you know its wrong. I m really relying on God right now to guide your path and take hold of your heart and direct you. I am backing off of my direct approach and trying to go covert on you! Glad you dont read my blog, it will be too late for you when the book comes out, God will have reconqured your heart!! HAHAA (evil laugh) Your liaze fair attitude is driving me bonkers!!!
Favorite thing we are doing this month:

1. Tearing up the North: That's right we once again embarked on a journey to the north to cause havoc as only we can. We got to ride gulf carts around town-something we could never do in any town in Dallas. We rode bikes around the town, played put-put at night and just had a really awesome time visiting family we only get to see once a year. You got to hang out with your cousin Cobie and have some girl time for a while as well. A much needed break away from all the boys!  I really enjoyed sitting with you and talking, even when you were mad at me. I loved watching you bond with all your family and building relationships with them that will hopefully last a life time. You had a blast having a 100 acres of land to run all over and be a kid exploring nature at it's finest. You played checkers with your grandma Marie, games with grandpa, and you got some time to roam and explore on your own as well as with your brothers and cousin.

2. Movies: We finally got to go and watch a movie together at the theater. Something we have not been able to do in a long time. We watched Monsters University-yes it was a kid show, but it was still cute and I enjoyed myself. We don't get to spend lots of alone time together anymore. You are becoming very seclusive and I have to pull you out to do things with me sometimes. I feel like you are becoming Matthew!! Scary I know, right. I know its because you are a teenager and you are figuring out who you are in life and what you are going to look like and what morals and values you will have, but geesh cut your mom some slack and spend some time with me will ya? Otherwise soon the highlights of my blog to you are going to be filled with grocery store trips and how much fun I had dropping you off someplace. :) throw me a bone already!!

3. Hanging Out: We seldom have the opportunity to just sit and chill together without someone else (we wont say who) always being with us. We actually had some really good mother/daughter time this month. We got to color, play Lego's, watch movies, play board games and just hang out for a while all alone. Rarely does this happen anymore. I have tried very hard to make time to be alone with you and it has paid off. We are growing closer together instead of further apart as we were for a few months there. Its good to have most of my daughter back.

Comments