What I Love Most About my Drizzle-May

Favorite Quote: " Cause your the man, dad!" This was in response to a conversation we were holding that went something like this. Me: So you think its the intake manifold gasket that needs to be changed?" Dad: " Maybe, I am not sure that's going to solve the problem. Could be about 4 different things really. Do you still want me to  try and fix it, you may be wasting your money if I am wrong." Me: " I guess so if you think you can figure it out. Do you think you can?" Drake: Yes, cause your the man dad!"

What has impressed me most about you this month: You are my little cuddle monster and you must have your mommy alone time or you fall apart. Lately though you have been getting very good at letting others interrupt your mommy time without having a full scale melt down that lasts all day long. You think I am exaggerating, but so sadly I am not. You are good if the second i get home you get 30, uninterrupted minutes alone with me just cuddling, playing a tickle game or hide and seek, but let it get interrupted even for 1 second and you freak out. We have had many talks about this and so this month I have been very proud of you that even when your sister, brother or someone else knocks on my door to ask me a question or tell me something, you freak a little, but you have managed to stay pretty well in control 90% of the time.
Favorite Photo: You in your Superhero cape holding your comics
Scripture Verse: Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who strengthens me. "
James 1:19-22 "19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, 20 because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. 21 Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.
22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says."
Where I hope to see you grow: MY simply request this month for your growth is in personal hygiene. You have started to slack with brushing your teeth, wanting to shower/bath and picking up after yourself. You do great to help me clean the living room or wash dishes, but when it comes to your person and your personal responsibilities you are lacking lately. We will work on it.
Favorite thing we are doing this month:

1. Free National Comic Book Day: Is there anything better than free comics? I dare say not. You love doing this with me every year. We go and pick out comics, make super hero capes, decorate our own superhero logo to put on the cape.fly around the store, take pics with other superheros and just have a fun time. This year you even ran into some of your friends from church: Zeke and Jojo Coffee. Your cape this year was red and blue and is hanging up in your room for when the world needs saving by Super Drake.
2. Building Sweetheart Frames for Mothers Day: I can I resist building a picture frame with my little man for Mother's Day? I simply cannot. You made me a cute little heart shaped frame that the heart tears open in half to reveal a picture of us together, The frame is red and blue and painted by you. (Did you notice my mad rhyming skills? Just Checking) Its very adorable and sits on my shelf in the living room.
3. Awana Party: We have finally reached the end of our AWANA year and we had a great party to end on a good note. We got to try and dunk people, throw pies at them and eat snow cones. You did not make it very far in your book tis year, but you also had alot peronally going on. I know next year you are going to do great!!

Comments