Spreading the Love of Christ at Comic Con



Our Group

Are you a Christian? If so, what are YOU doing to reach the lost? YOU DO understand that the Lord Jesus Christ has given us a Great Commission to obey, right? Are YOU obeying Christ's command to reach the lost? Jesus said that YOU show YOUR love for Him by obeying Him (John 14:15). Do YOU REALLY believe in an eternal place of torment called Hell? Do YOU really believe that YOUR non-Christian family members, YOUR non-Christian friends, YOUR non-Christian co-workers and the non-Christian complete strangers that you walk by will go there? If so, what are YOU doing about it? If YOU love them, YOU WILL do/say something! One of the easiest ways to get started obeying the Great Commission is by handing out Gospel Tracts. You might be fearful at first, but you can do it. Anyone can give out Gospel Tracts! ANYONE


Drake sharing Christ with his favorite Power Rangers
My kids and I have just recently gotten into street evangelism. I believe its an important part of our faith and we are commanded to spread the love and message of Christ to the ends of the earth. (Mark 16: 15, Matthew 24:14) I have made a point to start with process with my kids early on in life so it will be second nature to them and they will not have the fear and hesitation that I have hopefully later on in life.
For those who do not know Comic Con gets well over 200,000 plus visitors in the 3 days it runs. People literally line up around the block to get a glimpse at some of their favorite comic book hero's, artist and creators. There are movie starts, directors, illustrators, publishers and of course comics coming out from every place. People pay some serious money to get photos taken (up to $400 a pic) and autographs (up to $800) with the people they idolize. They dress up as people they look up to and don;t mind spending hours stuck in the heat waiting to get indoors and buy merchandise they have been saving and searching for.


 This is not a trash on Comic Con. I have nothing against the festival per say. I use to read comics growing up and my kids read some of the comics. I watch the Marvel cartoons with my kids an recognized about 3/4 of the characters that were dressed up while we were there. it is not the festival that worries me. it is the idolizing that concerns me. It is the lack of morals and ethics that take place, it is simply the loss if our Savious' presence. So when I found out a group from church was going I was stoked to get in on it. 



There are many different types of outreach that you can do, in the past we did servant evangelism  a simple, straightforward approach to sharing God’s love in simple, practical ways. It’s a way to reach our neighbors, neighborhoods and cities by serving others with no strings attached. Such as baking a cake for the sick, mowing someones lawn with no strings attached, etc. It’s the offer of an act of kindness to people. As a disciple of Jesus Christ every believer should be involved in some type of outreach to the lost. We show our love of our Savior, by our obedience to His commandments. By taking part in outreaches with joy and a willingness to serve the Lord we have the delight of not only doing what the Lord commanded us, but we have the blessing of ministering directly to God, Himself. In the book of Matthew the Lord tells us that when we reach out to our world we are touching Him. What a glorious reason to participate in outreaches with joy.
 
“For I was hungry and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ “Then they themselves also will answer, saying ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ (Matthew 25: 42-45)


Ths month we did what is called street evangalism. distribution,with an emphasis of basically handing out as many phamplets with the message on it as possible. So we set out on a course of handing out pamphlets spreading the message of Christ. We prayed for those who let us. Talked to those about salvation and the condition of our hearts. We took photos, engaged the crowds and made ourselves approachable.  Of course we got mocked by some, laughed at, and made fun of, but we also got accepted, rejoiced with and engaged by others. I don;t know if anyone came to Christ that day, but I do know we planted the seed of Christ within them and that is what we are called to do. The rest is up to God and sending His Holy Spirit into their hearts. We plant He sows and I am incredibly thankful for that.

I want my children to be obedient to Gods word. To realize that someone else's salvation does not fall to them, but to god, we merely plant the seeds that hopefully will grow a faith that will glorify Christ, but ultimately it is a heart relationship between them and God and all we can do is obey God to spread His word and be ready to give an account for our faith. My heart was overjoyed watching my 6 year old little man pray with people and tell them about the love of Christ and how desperately we all need Him.








Comments

Kyler Bainger said…
Great way to spread the love of our Saviour. What group did you go out with? I am been looking to get plugged in to do some evangalism myself.